Zeg eens, AA, AAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeg eens, AA, AAA

Een tijdje geleden heb ik even met Dave Haynie in de chat gezeten, een vraag waarover ik diversen antwoorden op internet vond, maar eigenlijk geen 1 juiste/complete..
    Het gaat over de jumper op het A4000 board, 2MB/8MB chipram:

Misschien dat iedereen het al wist ( ongetwijfeld ), maar ik wist het niet.. nu wel.. en ook duidelijk.. :)

De vraag:
    Hi Dave, I know you maybe getting sick of answering questions about Amiga's.. but I have one where I found serveral different answers on the internet.. And I think you can answer it.. smile-emoticon On the Amiga 4000 Mainboard there's a jumper CHIPRAM 2MB / 8MB.. Was this implemented for the upcomming AAA chipset ? Or can it also be used for the AA chipset ? With just a short answer YES / YES of YES / NO I'd be happy! smile-emoticon

Het antwoord van de meester
    Not for AAA -- way, way different packaging. While I was still fiddling with Pandora chips, aka AA, aka AGA (if you want to use marketing's name), George Robbins and Bob Raible were starting to look at an AA+. That would have meant a fully new Alice chip done in CMOS, so it would have room for a larger address register space. Doesn't work with AA as it exists. When Greg Berlin and Scott Schaeffer did the A4000 main board, they worked pretty closely from my A3000+ design, which could do that in the later revision. Not sure this made it to the other AA systems, by then the AA+ idea was pretty much not going to happen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	zeg eens AA, AAA.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1525

Toch leuk dat hij even reageert. Een een goede uitleg! Jammer dat die update nooit gelukt is.

Comment

• tsb
      tsb commented
      Editing a comment
      Vond ik ook :)
Working...
X